Originally formed as West Chester Troop 1 in 1910, the Troop was renamed Troop 6 in 1918 when the Chester County Council was chartered and the current national organization, the Boy Scouts of America, was formed. In 2010, the Troop celebrated its 100th anniversary.
The first Troop 6 Scout to achieve the rank of Eagle Scout was John D. Jacob in 1920. In the 90+ years since then, an additional 200+ young men have attained this-the highest-rank in Scouting.
Troop 6 has been chartered by the West Chester Society of Friends since the late 1920s. West Chester Friends supplies Troop 6 with excellent facilities, including use of the Friends School’s gymnasium and meeting rooms and storage space for the Troop’s camping equipment.